Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sarah, Seriously Now...

I've got to laugh... I just can't contain myself at this point. John McCain has made what I first thought was a really savy move (see my "Next Move" post) but, what I now believe to be a miscalculation that may put Barack Obama in the double digits. The miscalculation being Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin. (Before I go on, let me say that is what I love about blogging... we keep each other up to date with not only the news in the world and in our lives but also, in our minds.)

What was I thinking the other day, saying that this was a "power move" and congratulating McCain on a game well played. I must have been really tired. Here is a woman that he picked to be his running mate, who he had only met once before and even then, it was only a 15 minute conversation at best. Does that sound like good judgement to you? If so, I have some lakefront property in Chicago to sell you! I've known guys that took more time to get to know hookers than he took to get to know the person who could very well be "a heartbeat away from being president" of the United States (to further use a cliche I keep hearing).

I wonder if Mr. McCain knew of Palin's extreme viewpoints? Here's one... that no sex education should be taught in school at all. Is it any wonder that her 17 year old daughter is pregnant without being married? Maybe she could have used some sex education. I know... that seems like a low blow but, let me tell you... If this had been one of Barack Obama's daughters... FOX NEWS would have been all over it. Who's a "babymama" now? Wasn't that the term used so crudely and disrespectfully to refer to Michelle Obama? Michelle Obama, who is Barack's wife and the legitimate (if you must use such terminology) mother of both his daughters? She didn't deserve that.

The scumbags on the "right wing" love to dish it out but, they cry like little hurt puppies when it comes back at them. Why should I have any mercy on them? I should be even meaner than I plan to be but, I'm above that. Sike! No, I'm not. If John McCain and his people had done a little more research on Palin (I believe it's called vetting and I confess, I never heard this term used before this election), they could have avoided even this much controversy.

Palin is being investigated in her home state for accepting good ol' kickbacks (the very thing she campaigned against). Outside of being the mayor of a small town, she has only been governor for two years. Two years... yet, some woman on CNN last night had the nerve to say that, "Sarah Palin has more experience than Barack Obama and Joe Biden put together." And, that statement ended my night on CNN... I was going to try and watch the Republican National Convention but, I couldn't after that... I only need one fairy tale to put me to sleep at night.

You know, this race is tight and nearly a dead heat but, by adding Sarah Palin to the ticket, McCain may have given Barack Obama the lead he needed. But, for the life of me, what I can't understand is this... John McCain had the Republican nomination sowed up back in February of this year. He had the good fortune to be able to sit back while Hillary and Barack slugged it out. Do you mean to tell me that in all that time, he couldn't have made a more informed decision about who his vice presidential candidate was going to be? Something like this... is bound to get out!

9 comments:

Don said...

Good read.

I almost feel sympathy for John McCain, cause it's hard to believe that he can be THIS misinformed. I have to believe that he doesn't know any better. Especially when I consider how just about everything he speaks concerning Obama being inexperienced can and will be said for Sarah Palin.

I bet Palin was even surprised that McCain selected her. And let's not get into her forthcoming debates with political vet and master orator Joe Biden - almost unfair.

Keith said...

Exactly....I don't know what was on the minds of not just John McCain, but his people..He pays them to make decisions like this for him. Unbelievable!

LadyLee said...

I still think it was a power move, and the more I think about it, Sarah Palin was the Republican party pick, not John McCain's. Republicans have to do something to get that Independent vote, and Sarah Palin is just the person for it.

I am tripping on the "spin" that the right is giving the situation of the pregnant daughter. I was like "Thank the Lawd that ain't Barack's daughter". They would've eaten that UP and ran Obama out of town!

Be forewarned. The Repubs prep their people WELL. Sarah Palin's gonna give an excellent speech tonight... she's gonna get those disgruntled Hillary supporters to the dark side come hell or high water. Afterall, that IS what she was brought in to do.

I as a woman find it an insult to my intelligence. I will not be voting for a ticket because they got someone on the ticket with a vagina and a set of breasts. Sorry, it ain't happening. HUMPH.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I'm starting to think that the Republicans are trying to "throw" the election - Palin will only appease those who don't want the "racist" tag placed on them. They were set to put up a good fight prior to that. Like magic, everything is turning around. Gas prices are falling, the dollar is strengthening, Condoleeza set up a timetable for the troops to get out. If McCain hadn't boggled his pick, I would have been scared.

Keith said...

Excellent Point Rich- Maybe they are trying to throw the election..I wouldn't be surprised at anything these people do.-lololol.

dessex said...

Whats up stoppin by for the first time....

I think with all the negativity about Barack I don't think that they have jumped on McCain about his running mate. Experience is all they been throwing around when it comes to Barack but McCain picks someone is no experience what-so-ever. Mitt Romeny would have been the right choice

You are right...this just may have given the lead and I hope it stays that way.

YES WE CAN

Mizrepresent said...

I so agree with you...i mean who is she...really? Never heard of her, and then to hear all of this after the fact...i just keep shaking my head...they really think we are DUMB!

Dione said...

Haa! This was not a savy move for McLame... The only thing this woman has is beauty because her brains must have been frozen while in Alaska. How can she sit there and harp on the fact she was a PTA and Hockey mom and honestly compare that to being Vice President of the United States of America?? Another thing, she never finished saying AMERICA last night. Several times she did it. It was always United States, she never finished with "of America"... Finish the damn sentence woman!

Strongblkwmn said...

The republicans blow me away with their bull. The fact that the vice president is suppose to take charge if something happens to the President is scary. John McCain is bad enough, but the thought of Sarah Palin running the country makes me want to move to Siberia.

This is the woman who cut funding to programs for teenage mothers and had the universe slap her in the face with her very own pregnant teenage daughter.

The fact that she made fun of Barack's work as a community organizer shows that she is too far removed from those in need to care what happens to them.

Choosing Palin as the candidate for VP was a cheap ploy and I hope it backfires.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading