Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend Update


Earlier in the week, my brother and sister-in-law invited me and my family to go with them on Sunday to Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg, PA. Speaking strictly as a native Philadelphian, this place is either the best "well kept secret" or I've been "living under a rock" all of these years (I don't know which is the case). Well, I was pleasantly shocked and surprised to learn about this great family fun spot that I had never heard of or knew anything about... and, the place has been in existence since 1926! It is in upstate Pennsylvania (Knoebels Grove to be exact, which is owned by the Knoebels family) and I must confess that the most time I ever spent anywhere even close to that neck of the woods was during my college days at Shippensburg University (Shippensburg, PA).

What impressed me the most about Knoebels is all it has to offer for the amount of money a family would spend for a day trip (or even longer). The prices for EVERYTHING are more than reasonable (i.e. I haven't seen prices like this for amusement rides since I was a child) and our only regret is that we couldn't stay for a few days. The gas to get there was probably the most expensive part of the trip! I know that the summer season is coming to a close for most of us (especially, all of us working drones) but, I would strongly encourage you to use the logo and text links above to check it out and make plans to spend some time there... if not this year, put it on your list of "places to go" for next summer (especially, if you have any kids in the family). You'll have a great time and you won't have to "go for broke" to do it!

My wife, daughter, and brother had their cameras but, these photos were taken by my wife (I assume that my daughter will be posting some of her photos to one of her blogs later on). In addition to the time and fun we shared together, the fact that we all came home with some money in our pockets put even bigger smiles on our faces. So, we bring you greetings from Knoebels Amusement Resort and we hope that all of you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend too!




4 comments:

LadyLee said...

It's great when you find new places to go with the fam that aren't the most popular. Those are gems indeed!

Enjoy the rest of you holiday!

Anonymous said...

Just came off of your other Blog,Escapades....I like this site too...You're just full of surprises
sir-lol.

ZACK said...

Looks like YOU had some fun this weekend! I always enjoy seeing you and the family do what's most important- ENJOYING LIFE!

Eb the Celeb said...

you family pics are the best!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading