Monday, October 5, 2009

Just Like Dave


I've never been blackmailed before. I'm not a celebrity and I don't do much (anymore) that would be embarrassing or cost me anything. So, I don't know how it feels to be in the public eye and have lots of money tied up in endorsements from corporate sponsors, etc.

However, if I were being blackmailed, I would hope that I could play it the way my man David Letterman did it recently. Apparently, David Letterman was involved with a young woman who worked for him, much to the consternation of her ex-boyfriend, who happens to be one of the producers of David Letterman's late night television show.

In a move that has to be the ultimate in hateration, the producer attempted to blackmail David Letterman for millions of dollars by revealing that Mr. Letterman has had sexual relations with his ex-girlfriend and with a few other NBC staffers in the past. He figured that Letterman would cave in and give him the money, rather than have this kind of information get out. It could be very embarrassing to the late night host.

Some celebrities would have lied and said that the allegations weren't true if they had gotten out and this is where they get in trouble. If a blackmailer has something on you that is true and you lie, there is always a way to get it out and/or get somebody else involved. Now, you're exposed as a liar and your dirty little secret is out. You're screwed twice... literally!

David Letterman came out, ran his show the way he usually does, and then, in the course of the night, calmly brought up the allegations and admitted that they were true without going into any sordid details. He killed his would be blackmailer. Sure, people are going to laugh and make jokes about it but, there won't be any story. He just told everyone that it was true. Now, his blackmailer could lose his job and face criminal charges.

I read that story in the paper and I pumped my fists in the air... Way to go Dave! David Letterman was single at the time and he was dating several women. So what? Where is the scandal? Perhaps, he shouldn't have been dating women who work for him but, it doesn't seem as though any of the women have been complaining.

If someone tried to blackmail me, I'd hope I could handle it just like Dave and give a black eye figuratively folks) to my haters!

21 comments:

Toni said...

LMAO- SMH @ you Keith!

Simon Bastion said...

I feel the same way Keith..He handled it well!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

He handled it like a true playa !

James Perkins said...

I agree he handled it well, but had he of "handled" his choice of women better, there would be nothing to handle.

Angie B. said...

I like the way he handled it too!

Sunflower said...

When men learn to keep it in their pants, there will be less scandals like this to clean up!

Brenda said...

Lolololol... This was a funny post!

Cheryl said...

Hooray for Dave! LMAO.

Anonymous said...

I need the blackmailer to pick his face up off the floor.

CareyCarey said...

I usually pay no attention to who does who, it's none of my business. Heck, I don't really listen to very much news but this story popped up. You are correct, Dave handled this one. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why the producer thought he had the goods on ol'Dave. Maybe Dave was skinny dippin' in someones honey pot other than his own. Well, maybe I should rephrase that. Maybe ol'Dave was playing pocket pool on somebodies pool table other than his own. Dang it, I should do that again. Okay, maybe Dave was poking somebodies wife?

Bingo! Ut oh, unless the producer had a peep hole in the office, it could have been his wife! Now that's a story. Yep, Dave moved from in front of the camera and started producing. Ask me what he was producing. Well, a boner would be a good guess *lol*.

Yes sir, there's more to this story than what meets the eye. Yep, the old one eye jack found love in all the wrong places.

At least that's my take on it.

Lisa said...

LMAO @Carey Carey...

Halo said...

He handled it...this time..but what if it's something that he just couldn't have afforded to get out..then what? This admission didn't hurt him...but some of us do things that just can't get out.

Vanessa said...

Dave caught a break...this time..but next time...He might not get a chance to do damage control.

Captain Jack said...

We are so uptight about sexuality in this country..In Europe, this wouldn't have even been something Letterman could have been blackmailed about..

Sean said...

lolololol...He did handle that well.

Jazzy said...

He handled it well, called his accusers bluff.

Tate2 said...

Gee, I hope nobody ever gets nothing on me..I don't know if I can handle it like that!lolol.

Swaggie said...

This was really just a jealous lover's spat...

That Nigga Rich said...

When men learn to keep it in their pants, there will be less scandals like this to clean up!

So, I guess the women get a free pass. There's only ONE Dave, it appears that there were plenty of willing women. Men always get a rap for being dogs, but a dog is left to scratch his own balls unless a willing bitch (female dog) comes along.

LadyLee said...

Yep... he handled it very well indeed.

John said...

Gosh, there is a great deal of worthwhile material above!
check | this page | his site




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading