Friday, October 30, 2009

I Got Your Back


Check This Out...

There was a 9 year old boy named Hakim, sitting at his desk and all of a sudden, there is a puddle between his feet and the front of his pants are wet. He thinks his heart is going to stop because he cannot possibly imagine how this has happened. He has peed his pants!

It's never happened before (at least not in school), and he knows that when his boys find out, he will never hear the end of it. Never! When the honeys find out, they'll never speak to him again as long as he lives!

Hakim believes his heart is going to stop; he puts his head down and does what we all do in such situation... he prays. More importantly he prays this prayer: ''Dear God, this is an emergency! I need help now! Five minutes from now, I'm in the mud!"

'He looks up from his prayer and here comes the teacher with a look in her eyes that says he has been discovered. As the teacher is walking toward him, a classmate named Shaniqua is carrying a goldfish bowl that is filled with water. Shaniqua trips in front of the teacher and inexplicably dumps the bowl of water in the boy's lap. The boy pretends to be angry but, all the while, he is saying to himself... "Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Jesus!''

Now all of a sudden, instead of being the object of ridicule, Hakim is the object of sympathy. The teacher rushes him downstairs and gives him gym shorts to put on while his pants dry out. All the other children are on their hands and knees cleaning up around his desk. (Of course, if there were any children like the child I was, I'm sure somebody is somewhere laughing about this whole thing.)

The sympathy is wonderful but, as life would have it, the ridicule that should have been his has been transferred to someone else, Shaniqua. She tries to help but, they tell her to get out. "You've done enough, you klutz! Fall back!"

Finally, at the end of the day, as they are walking home from school, Hakim walks over to Shaniqua and whispers... ''You did that on purpose, didn't you?' Shaniqua whispers back, ''I peed my pants once too.'' He smiles at her and says... "Good lookin' out, buddy."

Of course, that was my spin on an old fable but the point is, that's a true friend... a person that will sacrifice themselves to save you. Do you have a true friend like that? And, more importantly, are you a friend like that yourself? Who has your back and who's back do you have? Whether we like it or not, we are our brothers and our sisters keepers. Just a nice thought for the weekend...

Peace!

The Maverick of All Bloggers
(and former "disgrace to the negro race")

22 comments:

Toni said...

Awwww Keith,what a sweet story!

Angie B. said...

Good Story Keith..Shouldn't this have been in "Escapades"? lolol

Sunflower said...

Wonderful! Simply Wonderful!

Cheryl said...

Have a great weekend Keith!

Brenda said...

I loved your parable Keith!

Lisa said...

I have one girlfriend like that, who has my back and I have hers..Not many others in my life like that.

Halo said...

Great Post and Timely...Thank you.
Have a great weekend Keith!

Vanessa said...

Keith you hit another homerun out of the park with this one...I really dug your sentiments.

Sean said...

A Great Post and a nice way to top off the week Keith!

Captain Jack said...

What a sweet story! Have a wonderfu; Weekend Keith!

Jazzy said...

I really dug your twist on that story man...have a good one!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I thought I was at your other blog
for a minute...Have a great weekend Keith...Good Story!

James Perkins said...

Good Morning Keith...What a nice story to wake up to and read while sipping coffee...Thanks..Have a good weekend.

Simon Bastion said...

I too am amazed at how you write two posts for two very different blogs a night..and both posts are good. Do you ever turn your mind off? I'm betting you're a great conversationalist...And I mean that as the most sincere compliment.

Swaggie said...

Have a great weekend Bruh...Cool
post..I like the way you tailored this story. -:)

Tate2 said...

Hakim and Shaniqua?? ..lolololol,Love it...This was a very nice little
fable man and a good message.
Something to think about..Do I have a ride or die friend like that? I don't really know.

Arlene said...

Beautifull story! I can believe that Shaniqua helped her friend and that Hakim prayed fervently. Maybe at Christmas dinner I'll tell you my story of peeing in the classroom and how my friend helped!
(Is this blog for the book? Perfect.)

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Big ups on that one. It was a homerun. I tend to be the one who has peoples back like that, but other than my wife, I can't say anyone has ever had mine to that degree.

12kyle said...

Good one, Keith. That's what you call a ride or die friend. I've got a few of those

Mizrepresent said...

Awesome story Keith. Well i'm glad state that i have a few who have my back, and i'm the one in my family who has everybodys back.

Angel said...

I loved this story!!!

CareyCarey said...

Don't tell anyone I said so, but the fat lady is walking to the stage...

GO YANKEES *lol*




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading