Friday, October 2, 2009

What I've Learned



1. People are only as important to you as you make them.

2. Only you can decide when the healing begins after a relationship has gone sour.

3. Never make someone else a priority who has chosen to make you an option.

4. Keep your cool and get the job done! If you panic or fly off the handle during adversity, you've just wasted time and energy that you will most certainly need.

5. Keep your wits about you when everybody else is losing theirs and you'll look like the coolest, most intelligent, and attractive cat in the room! (Even if you really aren't!)

6. Keep looking outside of yourself or through someone else to substantiate your happiness and chances are, you'll always be looking. Happiness is within.

7. As you get older your body is constantly demanding certain adjustments in your lifestyle. Ignore your body's demands and it really won't matter much to you anymore if you get
my drift!

8. A man that is constantly buying flowers for his woman is a man that is probably guilty of much.

9. Michael Jackson is dead yet, Keith Richards (of the Rolling Stones) is still alive... proof positive that life is sometimes confusing and death even more so.

1o. If you really want to know a person's character, lend him/her some money.

11. If you're not early then, you're late... there is no in between. (At least, this was my father's rule.)

12. I couldn't be a politician or a celebrity. I'm not the type to apologize for something I said... especially, if I really did mean it at the time I said it.

20 comments:

Arlene said...

Well, well, well... Wise Cousin, the years have given you insight into the human psyche and the grace to express your wisdom with intelligence and humor. Excellent post and most importantly, valuable tenets to ponder and to live by. One point-buy your wife some flowers even if you are not guilty of anything. Women appreciate the scent and sentiment! Love you!!

Toni said...

Hey Keith,I loved all of these!

Angie B. said...

Number Three is the business!

Sunflower said...

I love these "What I've Learned" posts Keith

James Perkins said...

As usual your first one rings the truest for me!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Man, this whole post was on the one for me!

Simon Bastion said...

4 & 5 were my favorites!

Cheryl said...

Number Three ,Number Three,Number Three is sooo true!

Brenda said...

Have a great weekend Keith, Great
Post as usual.

Sean said...

Have a great weekend Keith,great insightful post once again.

Captain Jack said...

The one about Michael Jackson and Keith Richards was funny, yet true!

Lisa said...

I guess all of the ladies liked number three...I am no different.
Have a great weekend Keith.

Vanessa said...

#3,4,5, and 6 rang true with me.

Halo said...

Hi Keith, I'm like Toni..I loved all of these!

Jazzy said...

Have a great weekend fam..Good Post!

Tate2 said...

Number three was the straight business fam!

Swaggie said...

All of these were on point fam.

12kyle said...

Dead on point with this one!

Your father was right...there is no in between! LoL

Mizrepresent said...

I enjoyed this keith, as always.

E.M.H. said...

Definitely feeling # 5...hope you had a good weekend :-)




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading