Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend Update

The Maverick of All Bloggers... aka "Pop-Pop!"
[click on collage for larger view]


I realize that for the past few days I haven't been writing much of anything of substance... not because there is nothing on my mind but because I've been having an overload of sorts. Sometimes you have to sit back, chill, and enjoy this thing we call life. Sometimes you actually have to have a life!

That's what I love about children... they always make you look at life differently. They make you change your perspective. As depressed and disgusted as I can get sometimes when I think about the way things are going (or in some cases NOT going) in this country, it's always good that I can stop and think about what's really important to me personally.

This weekend, I took care of me. I played with my grandchildren and I didn't watch CNN or MSNBC once. I'm probably behind in a lot of current events but, that's okay. I've read several other very entertaining blog posts by Don, Big Rippa, Carey Carey, Mizrepresent, and others that I'm sure have kept everybody well-informed and entertained.

In fact, what I read was so good that I've got to step up my game a little bit... LOL! The kids helped me chill out and that's a good thing because for me, chilling out means that my brain rested. When my brain rests, my imagination re-energizes itself. Stay tuned... I'll be back on the grind tomorrow or whenever.

7 comments:

Don said...

That's whats up! Also, your book collection appears to be a prized 1. Admired pics, bruh.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Nothing like spending time with the kids.

Arlene said...

Rest?!? With grandkids?!? LOL. You're our "baby" cousin. You're too young to need rest. We'll have to do Smith Playground in the winter. After we've run around in the cold, then we can be tired. Love you.

Strongblkwmn said...

Nothing better. I'm going to be a grandmother next year. I'm looking forward to having that grandma smile. The best thing about grandkids is you can love them to death and then give them back to their parents. LOL!

Angel said...

Gosh your Granddaughter is getting bigger now, I remember when she was born. You sound like you had a fantastic weekend. I have also been sitting back a little lately, its been nice. Hope you are well :)

12kyle said...

Mannnnnnn, you sound like a true grandfather. One who loves and spoils the grandkids. LOL. I ain't mad. I understand.

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading