Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Own Private Circus (Random Thoughts About What I Do)


Someone joked recently that everyone has taken a break from blogging "except Keith, he's a machine!" I laughed because for the most part, that's been true. A few months ago, I called myself taking a break and it only turned out to be a few days and I was right back on it. So, taking a break for me is like saying that I'm going into retirement, only to be like Brett Favre and keep coming out. After awhile, nobody takes you seriously anymore. If and when I do take a break, there will be no announcement or post declaring that's what I'm doing. I just won't write again until I feel like it. It won't be anytime soon though... I enjoy what I am able to do too much.

I find that these two blogs of mine have helped me find my peace. I've had a three-ring circus operating in my head for years and now I've found a medium in which to bring my circus to the forefront. As it turns out, there is so much of a circus in my head that one blog wasn't enough to hold all of my thoughts in so, I needed two. (There is even plans for a third blog next year but, don't hold me to that.)

Most of my blogging pals have discovered Facebook and Twitter and are spending much more time on them. When I check the other blogs that I follow, I find that only a few of us are blogging on a consistant basis. A lot of my fellow bloggers are posting once a week, sometimes once every-other-week, and some haven't posted in months. It's much easier to do a Facebook update or a Tweet. You don't have to put much thought into it.

I love Facebook but, sometimes I have things to say that won't fit in a Facebook status update. So, for those deeper thoughts, there is Blogger. Everybody that blogs ain't a writer. Facebook and Twitter are great for those who aren't that passionate... they just say a little somethin' somethin' and get on with it. Me? I'm afraid I'm always going to have a lot to say about some things and a need for clarity.

This blogging thing is clarity for me... the beginning of clarity for me... crystalizing how I feel about what is happening around me and how it's affecting me. That's why I'm going to be like Diddy... Can't stop, won't stop! I got so much poetry and so many stories that I want to tell too. I can't tell 'em on Facebook. I got to tell my stories, write my poems, and express my opinions in this format. I gotta have Blogger!

My cousin and a few others are after me to write a book. I don't know that I have a book in me but, next year I'm going to give it a try (that's the third blog I may or may not be creating). See, I'm a very conflicted guy... always have been and always will be.

21 comments:

Toni said...

Stay you Keith and Keep writing!

Angie B. said...

You should write a book Keith,I'd be first in line to buy it!

Sunflower said...

Just do what you do. (on both of your blogs!)

Jazzy said...

Do you fam!

Tate 2 said...

I'm glad that you do blog on a consistant basis...Always gives me something to look forward to!

Swaggie said...

I'm with Jazzy, Do you man!

Brenda said...

You know how I feel Keith, Never stop!

Cheryl said...

Wow, I loved this..a personal look into your mind!

James Perkins said...

You keep writing and I'll keep reading and commenting!

Captain Jack said...

Wow...You should write more of these type of posts Keith...Let us see you more..who you really are!

Simon Bastion said...

I really enjoyed this post..It was different..That's why I love this blog..You never know what you're going to get each day.

Sean said...

Keep bangin baby..of course you know I'm always gonna tell you that
Keith!

Grover Tha Playboy! said...

Write that book man..Make it a novel..I'm at the bookstore the minute it comes out.

Vanessa said...

Keith, you need to write an autobiography...That would be a great read!

Lisa said...

A Third Blog??? Can you maintain that?? If anybody can I know you can, but I know that you were kidding..but do write that book Keith!

Halo said...

Love your blog, So glad you have chosen to share your thoughts, your circus with all of us.lololol.

Arlene said...

Hip Hip Hooray!! A book! A book! I'm going to quit my job and be your publicist!! A friend, Nancy-Ellen just published "Nana's Wicker Back" a story of her grandmother's response to the end of slavery and Jim Crowism in Virginia. The book is selling like hotcakes. Borders and Amazon are talking about picking up the book. Your book will be great too. People suck up political stuff mixed with common sense and comedy. Never quit cousin. You were born a writer. So says Cock Robbin, and me!!! Love you.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I used to blog everyday, but it's just an amazing commitment. When blogging was in its heyday, there were a lot of people writing around the headlines of the day, so I opted to just create from the ground up. That too is hard to do, consistently.

You have a book in you. I haven't kept up with Escapades, but I imagine what you have written over there is enough for a book. Just edit it and share it with the rest of the world.

Not to mention, people like me who prefer an actual copy of the written page would love to buy the book instead of sitting in front of the computer to get the full story.

The more you engage the process, the more you will be surprised by what comes out. Go for it. I'll fly to Philly for the book signing.

As for Facebook and Twitter. I have a Facebook account, but I rarely use it. I have never even been to twitter's site. I'm like you, if I have something to say, it will be on blogger. I'm not at all interested in sharing my every mood or give an update two to three times a day, but to each his own.

Rashan Jamal said...

I'm no machine anymore. If I get 3 a week, I'm good.. but next month I'm gonna do NaBloMoPo - where I post everyday for November...even the weekend It should be a challenge.

Mizrepresent said...

Keith, i commend you on hanging on in there and having the energy to do it...some of us have been blogging so long that at times it can become tedious, and thats not something we want it to be. For me, it began as a joy...i want to end it the same. This is not work for me...it is my passion to share, and so if i need to take a break, only post once a week to feel that connection that once began with just a few words...then i will. I look forward to bloggers returning and sustaining this atmosphere, and i continue on the daily to look forward to your posts.

CareyCarey said...

Brett Favre here. Oh wait, I am retiring.

Micheal Jordan here. Oh wait, I am retiring too.

CareyCarey here, Dang, I don't know who I am *lol*.

Like you, Twitter just doesn't do it. When I decided to "take a break" you told me I'd be back. Well, you were right.

I do not know how people get satisfied with a tweet. Then again, it may fit their personality. Like you, I need to get butt naked.

The problem I have with blogging is that I can get lost in it. I mean, those around me might as well be on another planet, and that's not good.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading