Friday, October 23, 2009

Say Goodbye to "Hollywood" (Bring On The Yanks!)


I can't believe that it was just a year ago that The Philadelphia Phillies won the World Series! I didn't drive to work that day... I knew better. People had been out in the streets partying and coming close to rioting the night before. I took the commuter train into Center City. It was 7:00am in the morning and crowds of people were stumbling past me, smelling like a combination of weed and beer!

Yes, folks were both high and drunk at 7:00am in the morning and not the kind of folks that you usually associate with that type of thing! They were folks from across the bridge... New Jersey folks. They were also suburban folks from the nearby townships... people who only identify with Philadelphia at a time like this, when the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, or Sixers are on the verge of greatness!

It's cool... I live here... I know the move. We were all happy and for one moment, we were all united. I stood in line at Models for 40 minutes so I could get a Jimmy Rollin's jersey at the last minute. I walked into a bar afterwords and "allowed" a very innebriated young man to buy me a beer, we toasted each other, and laughed about how this was a long time coming. It was good times!

Sooooooooo, here we are a year later and a day after the Phillies just won their second National League title in as many seasons and, as of this writing, are awaiting the victor of the Yankees-Angels series. I like the Yankees too, but I will not root for them over my hometown team. We just disposed of the Los Angelas Dodgers the night before. Say goodbye to Hollywood... bring on the Yanks!

I don't have to buy any jerseys this year and it's probably safe to drive where I plan to park, just in case we win another World Series. Just in case! My only dilemma is, where am I going to go to watch the World Series? I have dreams of going to New York next week to watch at least one game... so, stay tuned. If I do, I will most surely blog about the time of my life. Until then, have a great weekend everyone!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn that hot dog looks good....:P

Jazzy said...

I agree with Reggie..That damn hot dog looks good!

James Perkins said...

I guess you know by now that the Yankees lost last night...You might want to hold up on that New York trip. -:)

Simon Bastion said...

There's nothing like A World Series game in Yankee Stadium!
(I lived in New York years ago!)

Grover Tha Playboy said...

That Hot Dog made me hungry..Even this early in the morning!

Swaggie said...

Go Phillies!

Sunflower said...

Men and Sports! lolol Have a great weekend Keith! lolol!

Tate 2 said...

Let's get it Phillies..I don't care who we see! Yanks or Angels!

Toni said...

Have a Great Weekend Keith!

Angie B. said...

Let's Go Phillies!

Captain Jack said...

Lolol @ Sunflower-"Men and Sports"
Have a great weekend Keith. I hope you get to go to New York!

Sean said...

GO PHILLIES! lolol! What's Up Keith?

Brenda said...

Wow man, this was kind of Psychedelic! Trippy prose..but brilliant as usual. Have a great weekend!

Halo said...

Let's get it Phillies!!!

Lisa said...

REPEAT!!!!

Cheryl said...

Keith, You might be going to Los Angelas...The Angels won last night! I don't know!!

Vanessa said...

Let's GO PHILLIES LET's GO!!
Have a great weekend Keith!

Arlene said...

Hey Cuz, I think you just want an excuse to eat hot dogs and drink beer. (That's my excuse.) Go Phillies!! But, if we do win the whole Series, I am taking the day off. I work on Broad Street and last years's celebration was a controlled riot. Without city money this year, when police security is cutback, the "crazzie" will have their way.

CareyCarey said...

Hey Keith, I hope you read this, because I am looking for another sucker, and I have more ego to spend. check this out and slip your name in were it applys.

I am waiting for your reply - TOO!

"Well Mr. MacDaddy, fools rush in where wise men tread not. LOL

Now, a good "sports" opinion, begs for a good reply. I 've heard it said that we shouldn't hate the players, hate the game. See, I believe in that idiom, so, the Yankees are going to smash the Phillies! Yep, I believe your emotions are getting in the way of better judgement.

I am not a betting man, and I assume you are not a gambler (your to cool for that), but, I'd like to extend a little blog wager. Your Phillies against my Yankees.

The loser has to write a post (small if desired, make it easy on yourself), that glowingly speaks to the intellect of the winner.

Example: why or why didn't I listen to Mr. MacDaddy. I should have known he was wiser than I. I was blinded by my reluctance to listen to someone that displayed exceptional knowledge in the game of baseball. I should have known the Phillies were a superior them, in spite of my displaced hatred of them. MacDaddy and the Phillies are.......

Now, that's just an EXAMPLE, because the names WILL change if you decide to take on this mission"

Bet?

Now Keith, let you conscience be your guide. Don't get what you can't afford to lose. LOL

Keith said...

Carey-Carey- You're on! I'm a sportin man...My Phillies over your Yanks..If I lose, while I might not be quite that contrite..
I will write that post.lolol.

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hi Keith!

Wow... gimme that hot dog!!

*smiles*

clnmike said...

Yall dont want no part of these yankees, lol.

SLC said...

I will now read this post. When I saw the heading I thought you were trying to jinx my team Yankees so I refused to read it and just stuck with Escapades. See ya in the series Maverick.

Oh yeah. Have a blessed week.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading