Saturday, August 30, 2008

Next Move


Politics is like a big Chess Game and with that being the case, I'd have to say that John McCain just made a really savy move. He picked 44 year old Alaska Governor Sara Palin to be his running mate. Many people have speculated for weeks cx that his pick might be Mitt Romney or even Mike Huckabee but, McCain played it close to the vest and made a "power move" that I have to say I respect as far as the playing of "this game" is concerned.

Here's why McCain did what he did... he knows that a number of Hillary Clinton's die-hard supporters have stated that they do not intend to vote for Barack Obama. He watched the Democratic National Convention just like we did and he knows that the Democrats brought Bill and Hillary out to "woo" those people back into the Democratic party circle. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to lose the election because a part of your own voting base defected? By picking a young woman, he is almost certain to get those disenchanted Hillary Clinton supporters.

I have to shake my head and ask them (as Hillary did)... Are you in this for her or are you in this for the ideals she has, which aren't that far from Obama's? I believe that they are caught up in a cult of personality. I also believe that some of them are closet racists too. (Yeah, I said that it!) As for the black ones, like that misguided sister who was on CNN Monday, you tell me? What was that, anyway? I went on her blog and there is nothing by anti-Obama diatribe on both the posts and the sidebar. It seems like she needs to loosen up a bit (too much starch in her milk as a child).

All I can say is, this is going to be a very wild and exciting election. McCain just "upped the ante" with this move. I gotta give credit where credit is due... brilliant move Mr. McCain. The next move is yours Mr. Obama...

3 comments:

The Dreamy One said...

this lady that he picked, doesnt know what she is in for,lol

he made a power move, but this is not gonna deter Obama and the clan. They will get it together and the ball is in Obama's court!!

She Draws said...

Hey Keith...Politics...that's my stuff.

As for McCain he should have chosen Mitt Romney to secure his republican votes in my opinion (my disclosure) before he tries to "woo" Hillary's supporters.

You are right this election is going to be exciting. This is what I think about the democratic party. This is truly a party divided. Before everyone was stead fast behind the Clinton's "we" said that they were the closest thing to black didn't we? But as soon as we got a black candidate everyone turned their backs on the Clintons. This truly drove a wedge in the democratic party.

It was clear they didn't want to be each other's running mates which I honestly believe would have been a pretty good idea.

What does that say?

The democratic party is not only divided but unloyal. So if McCain wins...I blame both Hillary and Obama!

And by the way

The score is LSU 30 APP ST 0

Play with us!

Go B.

LadyLee said...

I agree, Keith. This was a strong move, not a "Checkmate", but most definitely a "Check". It will be interesting to see what happens. This made the race just that more interesting.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading