Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend Update

My wife and I had the grandkids with us for part of the holiday weekend. Saturday was also my wife's birthday, so she decided that we should spend the day with the kids at Smith Playground & Playhouse. Of course, I'm just a "big kid" at heart so, I decided... "What the heck! I'll get on the Giant Slide with them!" It seemed like a great idea, at first; but then, I had to pick myself up off the floor at the bottom of the slide... I think that should be another post for another day-LOL!



The kids stayed over Saturday night and on Sunday, we decided to indulge my grandson's love of trains again. Last year, my wife and I took him for a ride on the El train and he absolutely loved it! He never rode on a regional rail train before, so we headed over to the Overbook station and caught the R5 to Paoli and back again. Needless to say, he was beside himself with excitement and my granddaughter enjoyed the ride too!



After riding the rails, it was time to go back to our house for naps. When the kids got up, we jumped in the car and went over to Wynnewood Lanes for some bowling. My grandson is learning the sport and my wife taught my granddaugther how to cheer when we actually knocked down some pins-LOL! She learned quickly and did it quite well... complete with great big smiles and lots of hand-clapping. After that, we hit McDonald's and took them back home so they could celebrate the rest of the holiday weekend with their mommy and daddy.



On Monday, my wife and I spent most of the day just chillin' around the house; then, we went out for a nice dinner to celebrate her birthday in the early evening. Oh, and BTW... my wife took all the photos for this post with the new digital camera our daughter gave her as a birthday present. She loved it, after she learned how to work it-LOL! Well, that was my holiday weekend... How 'bout yours? I hope that all of you had an enjoyable and relaxing holiday too!

1 comment:

♥ CG ♥ said...

Wow, Keith, the kids are growing by leaps and bounds! Thanks for sharing :-)!




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading