Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekend Humor


The Senior Pastor, speaking to the younger Associate Pastor said, ''You had a good idea to replace the first four pews with plush bucket theatre seats. It worked like a charm. The front of the church always fills first now.'' The young Associate Pastor nodded and the Senior Pastor continued... ''And, you told me adding a little more beat to the music would bring young people back to church, so I supported you when you brought in that band and a Christian rapper. Now, our services are consistently packed to the balcony.''

"Thank you, Pastor," answered the young Associate Pastor. ''I am pleased that you are open to the new ideas of youth.'' The Senior Pastor replied, ''All of these ideas have been well and good, but I'm afraid you've gone too far with the drive-thru confessional. and those exotic praise dancers."

''But Brother Pastor,'' protested the Associate Pastor... ''My drive through confessions and praise dancers are a big hit and the donations have nearly doubled since I brought them in!'' The Senior Pastor replied, "Yes, they have... and I appreciate that, but we can't have scantily clad women going... Don't stop, get it, get it. Put some more of your money in it, or the flashing neon sign, 'Toot 'n Tell or go to hell'' on the church roof."

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Well...at least "The Rebound Girl" photo is funny. Have a great weekend Keith and family.

chiropractors wyckoff said...

Lots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading