Saturday, September 18, 2010

What The Hell?


Maybe it's a slow news day or I'm not in the mood to rant about much. I don't know... but it has been a long time since I wrote one of these recurring posts about one of those bizzarre and ridiculous "life is stranger than fiction" moments.

In Fort Lauderdale, FL, authorities suspected foul play when the body of a North Carolina man surfaced near a South Florida beach. Well, it turns out 48 year old Scott Lasky died from Lou Gehrig's Disease on September 8th. A fisherman spotted the body about four miles offshore in Fort Lauderdale after his burial at sea went awry. (I'll say!)

Sheriff's deputies solved the mystery after finding Lasky's obituary. Authorities said his family placed his body on dry ice, loaded him in a van, and drove from Hickory, NC to Florida to honor his dying wish. (Why can't people wish for something simple and easy like, leaving Uncle Weazer out of the will?)

Relatives boarded a boat and bid Lasky what they thought was their final goodbye until his body resurfaced. I suppose he had some more goodbyes to take care of before he left. Sea burials are legal but certain rules must be followed... like the body should be weighted down properly, for starters! The body has to sink to the bottom rapidly and permanently. This goes without saying.

And yes... this really did happen. I couldn't make this up. Well, actually I could but I didn't this time-LOL!

5 comments:

CerebrallyBusy said...

haha

Weird wish.

Oh, and yeah, Aries rules! I'm one, I should know :D

James Perkins said...

Funny as hell!

Sunflower said...

No, I guess you couldn't make this up Keith..lol!

Simon Bastion said...

That's something!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. That's crazy.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading