Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Coloring of America


I was watching the news last night and I heard a report which indicated that by the year 2042, Whites may no longer be the majority in the United States. Blacks are expected to jump from the current figure of 41 million to 70 million, Hispanics from 43 million to 100 million, and Asians from 15 million to 33 million.

I know that right about now Pat Buchanan, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, the various leaders of the Ku Klux Klan, and the Aryan Resistance are sick to their stomachs. I didn't even mention the fact that there is going to be a lot of interracial dating and mixing... Blacks marrying Hispanics, Hispanics marrying Asians, Native Americans marrying Blacks, and White women marrying Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, etc. Oh, I could go on and on with the combinations but hey, who was it that just fainted? Was that David Duke? Somebody revive him!

My little grandson will be about 36 years old by then. And, if I'm still alive, I'll be too old to care but, you can bet that I'll be tickled pink. By then, the idea of a Black president or some other aforementioned minority might not be a pipe dream. Maybe by then, we will have elected a woman president too... and maybe, just maybe... Nah, there will still be racism but, it might not be as prevalent.

I know... I'm an incurable idealist but, I can't see racism being that prevalent or relevant in this new America that will eventually have even more color than it has now. California and Texas are probably the closest to what America might look like one day. I've never been to California but, I've been to Texas several times and all I saw was Mexican, Blacks, and Whites coupled up in various combinations and little interracial children everywhere I went. This was especially true in the southern part of Texas... San Antonio, Medina, Corpus Christie, etc.

It's going to be a White Supremacist's Nightmare! Oh my God! Was that Tom Metzger who just passed out? What? He's Dead? Oh well! (Somebody told him that his niece married a Black Hispanic man.)

5 comments:

Dione said...

OMG! That's funny. All those white folks falling out over the integration of America!

ZACK said...

You are hilarious dude! Great post!

Mizrepresent said...

lol, that was funny!

Anonymous said...

Lol at you!

Moanerplicity said...

LOL. You, my Brotha, have an interesting mind & a wild way of looking at things. But on this matter, I totally agree w/ you! LOL!

One.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading