Monday, August 11, 2008

Kwame, Not Again Man!


The Mayor of Motown is in the news again. Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is in jail! He was in the spotlight last year when it was found that he sent several salacious texts to a woman (not his wife) who worked for him. Yes, that's right... the mayor is now in jail!

Mayor Kilpatrick has been charged with perjury and a slew of other felonies for his testimony in a civil trial. He was ordered to jail this past Thursday because he violated his bond by taking a quick road trip to Canada without notifying the proper authorities. You know me... I would've said to the arresting officers, "I'm grown! What are YOU talking about?" Just for the sake of a laugh, I wonder if that's what he DID say-lol? I digress...

Mayor Kilpatrick apologized and acknowledged that he made a mistake when he visited Windsor, Ontario (Any strip clubs there? Just asking!) which is only minutes away from Detroit. The mayor said that he was in Ontario on "city business" last month. He also pondered that, if had been anyone else like say, "Joe six pack", he wouldn't have been arrested, let alone put in jail and humiliated.

He's right. I never heard of a sitting mayor being put in jail before. We had a city councilman here in Philly who was given a traffic ticket and then, it was discovered that he never owned a drivers license in life! He had been driving city owned vehicles for close to twenty years... but, he was not arrested or charged with any crime. In fact, he was on television laughing about it and was issued his first drivers license the next day! However, he wasn't an African American, like Mayor Kilpatrick.

Mr. Mayor, handle your business. Please, handle your business!

6 comments:

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Yep I read about this in my the Boston Metro on the bus Friday. Then I actually saw him pleading to the judge on some news show.

I also read he sent more text out to other women not just his chief of staff. I have friends from Detroit and its sad because in the beginnings they had SUCH hope for this guy.

I'm with you it seems they are always quick to throw a black man in jail.

Have a great week!

-OG

Anonymous said...

Does the fun ever stop? -lolol

ZACK said...

O.G. rides the bus? That's not so glamorous is it? * nervous laughter * Just kidding, ma'am.

Back to you, Keith...

Call your nephew Kwame. Because he's about to be like Tommy off "Martin"- in a couple weeks, we'll be saying "HE AIN'T GOT NO JOB, MAN!"

The Dreamy One said...

you know what Keith I dont feel sorry for his black azz....

now he just pisses me off.....

he is another one that gets on my nerves.....

some of our black men need to get together!!!

sorry but that right there just annoyed the hell out of me!!

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

Hey Brother!

To much is given much is required...unfortunately all leaders don't understand that concept....hopefully he will learn that lesson sooner rather than later....

Anonymous said...

I don't know, this cat seems to get up every morning and eat a large bowl of stupid instead of wheaties.

I admit the system is indeed quick to throw a brotha in jail, but that means that man should have known he cannot be walking around stuck on stupid.

Like OG said, at the beginning folks had so much hope for him and it seems he threw it out the window.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading