Sunday, August 10, 2008

Second Coming


When the presidential race began, I told my wife that I was 90% certain that John Edwards, the fair-haired southern senator from North Carolina, would easily win this year's Democratic nomination. After all, I reasoned, isn't he the type of guy that most Americans seem to go for, anyway? He is young, handsome, liberal, WHITE, and he has (what they say is) a sexy southern drawl. He reminded me of another young somewhat liberal governor from the state of Arkansas, who seemingly came out of nowhere and won the presidency in 1992... Bill Clinton.

I had all but anointed John Edwards, when the unthinkable occurred. Hillary Clinton (who I didn't feel had a chance at the time) emerged as the front runner, and another young, somewhat liberal and handsome junior senator from Illinois named Barack Obama overtook everybody and made the presidential race something it hasn't been since Bill Clinton was running... interesting!

I was surprised when Edwards, who hadn't won a primary, dropped out of the race back in January. I still thought he had a chance to gain some ground a little later but, when he failed to win even his own state, (I guess for him) the writing was on the wall. Then, I (like every other black person that I know) threw all of my support behind Barack Obama. By the time Obama finally was declared the likely Democratic nominee, I found a lot of my co-workers, associates, and friends saying that an Obama-Clinton ticket would be a sure winner. I couldn't really see that... not after the sometimes bitter campaign that they ran against each other. I said that John Edwards would be the perfect vice-presidential candidate.

Recent events have now scuttled all of that... As you know, he's admitted to having an extra-marital affair with a woman but, stopped short of saying that he fathered her child. The woman is refusing to have the child's DNA tested for proof of paternity. This is the type of non-sense that always seems to dog Democratic candidates right around this time. John Edwards IS beginning to look a lot like Bill Clinton, more and more.

Don't Republicans cheat on their wives? Do they have sex at all? Or, do they just get caught in off election years? Hey Barack, I'm available if you need a running mate. I have no criminal record, I haven't cheated on my wife, I have no outside kids, I'm a family man, I about the same age (give or take three years) and a life-long Democrat so, give me a call!

2 comments:

OG, The Original Glamazon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OG, The Original Glamazon said...

LMAO! I did get to see his interview on GMA weekend so I can at least say I heard his side.

Really the list of political infidelity goes on and on and on.

Edwards is just a man so this doesn't surprise me we all make mistakes but I do wish we would learn to make them while not in office or during non-election years.

Someone should ask Strom how he kept his negro mistress and child a secret for so long, but then again I guess maybe he only passed that information to those in the GOP. There's your answer.

Hope McDonald's was groovy!!

-OG




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading