Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"Black In America"


Soledad O'Brien of CNN has been on black radio a lot lately. She's been on The Steve Harvey Morning Show, The Michael Baisden Show, and Tom Joyner. The reason why is because she is promoting CNN's upcoming two night documentary, "BLACK IN AMERICA." I intend to be glued to the television set on July 23rd & 24th.

As excited as I am about watching it, I hope that white America will also watch this special. I have been talking this up amongst some of the whites that I work with. They need to know... they need to see our stories... and hear our point of view. They need to know that everything they know about black America isn't necessarily found on "The Wire" and "Oz" or some goofy sitcom.

I know about being "Black in America"... I've been "Black in America" my whole life.

6 comments:

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Hello sir, I’m looking forward to the special too, I may even finally go ahead and break my organic TV habit and get cable here in Da Bean! *lol* actually I may just go to a friends house and watch it. I kinda like my organic TV (no cable). I don’t know how sure I am the episodes will affect white folks seeing as this article http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/07/how-much-does-it-cost-you-in-wages-if-you-sound-black/ about voice biased only moved the Post to recommend that we, blacks, assimilate harder and try to sound whiter to combat the issue. But perhaps it can reach some of the more open minded people who want to learn about life outside of their sphere.

Let me catch up on my reading here!

-OG

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the special too.

Every faithful watcher of Faux News needs to watch this special.

Thanks for stopping by my spot.

Anonymous said...

I see you are an Aries man. Yall are somthing else. LOL

Dreamy said...

i understand where you are coming from with this. its funny cause i work with a whole bunch of white people and they really do think that we all act alike.

Dreamy said...

yeah im with Southern Gal, yall Aries are some freaks and are something else. I guess a lot can be said about this LEO,lol

ZACK said...

You all better remember that the first night of the special (July 23) IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I'll be 24 and I want many tributes on my blog. :)

But this special is a big one! I applaud Sister Soledad for doing something courageous. I can't wait to watch it, but....Run's House will be coming on during the special, so I might have to flip back and forth.




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading