Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Midsummer Night's Kruise 2008

Norristown (PA) Alumni Chapter Official Website

The Spirit of Philadelphia
Friday, July 18, 2008

Me and my wife set sail around 12:00am with a ship full my Kappa brothers from Norristown and their guests. We didn't go far... anyone who has ever been to Philly knows that "The Spirit..." (as we call it) takes a slow sail (3 hours) on the Delaware River down at Penn's Landing.

The DJ, music, food, and drinks were great. It was a "par-tay" in every sense of the word, done in true Kappa style. But, it's funny... after me and my wife left the dance floor, the best part of the evening for us was (the last 30 minutes of the cruise) going up on the top deck of the ship, relaxing, enjoying the night air (the weather was very kind), and taking in the sites along both riverbanks (Philly and Camden). The music on the top deck was much more mellow but, just as nice.

Here are a few of the photos we took before and during the cruise. I was told that it would be a "white linen" affair so, my wife and I tried to dress accordingly. Of course, that meant we had to eat and drink everything with a little more care than we normally would... but, we managed to make it through the night without incident (just a few near misses) and return home spotless (smile)!



4 comments:

plez... said...

Yo Nupe,

Feeling your blog... would definitely like to swap Blog Roll entries so that I visit your spot on a regular basis. Check me out my blog (plezWorld) and hit me back. Thanks.

Oh yeah... I hope you guys had a nice time on your cruise!

plez...
Georgia Tech Chapter (Lambda Delta), Spring 1982

back pain treatment nj said...

Great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

MH Tofan said...

Nice Post, Thanks for your very useful information

Unknown said...

Excellent blog you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I’d really like to be a part of online community where I can get advice from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Appreciate it softonice | canon support | drivers and software




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading