Friday, July 11, 2008

Lovers Rock


I don't know if I'm going to make this a recurring post but, I like the concept. Because it's Friday, the beginning of the weekend, and I'm in a rather good mood, I'm going to present this challenge and tag some of my blog buddies.

Name seven songs (past or present) that remind you of your significant other. Here are mine...

1. "Nothing Even Matters" by Lauryn Hill & D'Angelo

2. "Sent From Heaven" by Keyshia Coles (I don't know if this was on my other list/post, but I'm really digging this song.)

3. "Never" by Jaheim

4. "No Air" by Jordan Sparks & Chris Brown

5. "Umbrella" by Rhianna (My wife hates this song but, it's got that Jay-Z stamp of approval and I love the sentiment that she's my shelter from the storm.)

6. "You're All I need To Get By" by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell (An old school classic... I know it's before some of you folk's time but, if you get the chance, check it out. This is love-making music.)

7. "So Amazing" by Luther Vandross (No list of songs is complete without a "Luther" song... Come on now!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Behave!!!!

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

Hey Keith....thanks for stopping by...and thanks for the compliment....NO I don't really pole dance....just being silly....I'll add you to my bloglines and stay connected...Peace & Blessings

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Alright give me a minute to marinate!! I'll be back!

Should I put this in your comments or post it on my blog?

-OG

crys said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT TO PLAY TOO!
ok, here is my list:
lovin you - the ojays
our love - natalie cole
nothing out there for me - missy ft. beyonce
dangerously in love - beyonce
i got you babe - sonny & cher
you're the first, the last, my everything - barry white
i don't want to miss a thing - aerosmith

awwwww - now i can't wait to get home! :-)

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Ok I purposely didn't look at your list in order not to influence my own and when I completed it we have a few of the same songs! *lol*

Here are the first seven that come to mind, if I were to really think I'm sure it would be different.

Here in NO particular order are my seven:

Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
Nothing Even Matters – Lauryn Hill and D’ Angelo
I found my Everything – Mary J and Raphael Saadiq
Dangerously In Love & Still In Love (Kissing You) – Beyonce ( I couldn't choose)
So Amazing – Luther Vandross
Love and Happiness – Al Green
Upgrade You – Bey and Jay


-OG

Keith said...

O.G.- Great minds think alike..We
have at least two of the same songs.

Crys- The more the merrier,join in.

keisha -thanks for adding me, I intend to add you also to my "blogs
of interest list."

anonymous- I just can't help myself.

Mizrepresent said...

I love your list. You have some of my favorite songs on there, for real, Jaheim "Never", an anything by Luther. I'm digging that "Sent from Heaven" and "No Air" as well. I'm with the wife though, never really felt that "Umbrella" song.

So I'm tagged huh, lol...will do!

Oh and have a great weekend!

Dreamy said...

okay Keith you said that I have been tagged, but I dont know if I can participate in this one. I dont have any significant other. And I know you dont want to hear the songs that I have in mind for my ex,lol

Anywho honey I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Dreamy said...

okay what the heck i will participate in this one, hypothethically if I had one it would be

Lover Rock-Sade
Lets Fall In Love-Isley Brothers
Swinging-Mint Condition
Rock Witcha-Bobby Brown
Someone To Love-Mint Condition
Lay Your Head On My Pillow- Toni,Tony Tone
Always-Pebbles ft Cherelle




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading