Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sleepless Night


It's 2:09 am on Sunday morning... Am I nuts? I can't sleep and I can't believe that I am up writing at this time of night. Does anybody else out there do this? D'Angelo's "Untitled... How does it feel?" is playing on a distant radio across the driveway. (Whatever happened to that brother anyway? I was so sure that he was the second coming of Marvin Gaye at one time.) My posts are usually topical and organized but, lately I've been experimenting with a more "free form stream of consciousness" type of style. (It's driving my editor and significant other crazy... lol!)

I thought I would have a lot more to write, considering it's quiet and it's night time but, right now... right this minute... I just don't. I'm just alone... alone with my thoughts... about my mother, and how everytime I go to a family gathering where she would have been present, how very empty it seems for me now. I'm thinking about whether I need to buy some new clothes to wear to a Kappa boat ride I've been invited to in two weeks.

But, most of all, I'm thinking about how a nice hot cup of coffee and a donut would set my night off right. Fine, right about now? I could grab my keys, throw on my pants, and drive to the 24 hour Dunkin Donuts... which would be totally crazy and out of character for me... which is all the more reason why I should do it. I really need to go back to bed... I sound crazy right about now.

Tell me... Is there anyone else out there in the blogosphere that ever gets like this? I would welcome any and all comments. As for me? I'm outta here! I'm going to get that coffee and donut. It won't help me sleep but, it'll make me feel better. And, to those of you who can and are sleeping right now, I envy you.

3 comments:

Dreamy said...

well Keith I am a night person. I could stay up all night and sleep through the day. My shift right now is 6pm-6am, and i just love it.

And I like when people just free-style on posts. It lets us a get a glimpse of the true Keith. I always let the world in to see the true Dreamy. Good, Bad, and the Ugly,lol

Mizrepresent said...

Keith,

I do this all the time...since my laptop stays on 24/7 and sits next to me...i will often wake up and read blogs, and i have even written some things...lol...some things i had to delete in the morning. I love free-style posts and writing, like Dreamy says it gives us an inside look into what makes Keith tick.

Wow, i was driving my daughter to the airport early Sat morning and saw about 3-4 police cars on the side of the road...we didn't know what happened, but continued to drive by when one of the cars passed us by and guess where he turned in to, Dunkin Donuts...lol, not such a cliche anymore huh?

Alfred said...

In my opinion everybody must go through it.
resume template free | tanker boots | easy shrimp recipes




KEEPING THE FAITH: RANDOM PRAYERS "ON THE DOWNLOAD"










































































"Mommy, can I go to Timmy's blog and play?"



































Click on image to enlarge for reading






Click on image to enlarge for reading



Click on image to enlarge for reading